Monday 7 November 2011

Burnout

Lord, You know how full my program is at the end of the year. Help me to scale down, to get someone to help me and not to do things that are unnecessary,
When we are tired, worn out and have too many responsibilities we become depressed very easily.
Don't try to handle everthing by yourself, get people to help you.
We often hear about people who have nervous breakdowns because of their impossible workloads. Every year, at the beginning of November, we feel that we reached breaking point.
Take a step back from all your work, examine whether you have unrealistic expectations of yourself.
Do the things that Gods asks us to do and use your talents in His service and to His honor, and burnout will be a thing of the past forever. (Exodus 18:20-23)

"Carol Travilla lists five unrealistic expectations that can contribute to burn out"
  • There should not be any limits to what I can do;
  • I have the capacity to help everyone;
  • I am the only person availabe to help;
  • I never make a mistake;
  • I have the ability to change another person.
Lord, I recognize myself so clearly in the above list. Forgive me for being such a perfectionist and thinking that I can manage everything myself. Make me calm and content to just do my best and learn me how to say No.




No comments:

Post a Comment