Tuesday 26 May 2015

Sweet Rose

Sweet Rose - written by Nishani Ford for Nellie Vermeulen - exclusive!

Poetic Purpose - This poem was written for me by Nishani Ford on my departure from Nedbank 30 June 2012 and is very dear to me, therefore, I would like to share it as part of my journey through life:

"I look at you and wonder if you know,
The strength you carry in your softness

 - A rose with the softest touch,

It's fragrance lingers like footprints on our hearts
An embodiment of feminine - 

You radiant life and energy that's contagious;

Your sparkle inspires us to grow 

- And in those moments when we want to turn and go,

Your gentle embrace and whispered words of encouragement bring us back to what is true, to what is real.

Through the thorns you have blossomed - A hero to your offspring, strong and rooted
A single rose you have stood,
Now your branches too bear your undeniable signature of faith

You see us, - You inspire us
You cause us to grow, - To love to be true,


And so sweet rose - Blossom where you are,
Loving as you go

Your sweet fragrance - We carry on our hearts
Undeniably soft
Undeniably strong

Sweet rose
We carry you in our hearts - for now, for always...."

My sincere thanks to you,  Nishani - I will always treasure this Poem in my heart!
 - Nellie Vermeulen.



No comments:

Post a Comment