Thursday 13 October 2011

Singleness does not mean Rejection - Purpose

I am single for sometime now and one day I sat down and thought about my past life, difficult times and heart-aches I have experienced as a single person, even my childhood came upon  and an emptiness filled my heart. I always felt singled out when birthdays, social events, etc; comes up. The assumption that because you are single, you lack purpose or direction, is emotionally unstable, sexually frustrated and unfulfilled and there's always a stigma around you.



I sat down and started to weep for a long time and then became very quiet. I wanted to allow my true feelings to surface. In that moment for the first time, I knew that God had  become my emotional shield, my protector and my strong tower of defense and I was free to express my true self.
Perhaps in your own life, certain wounds have caused you to build walls and put up smoke screens. Perhaps the pain of separation or divorce has caused you to stop being genuine with others.
Every time you're around someone,  particularly the opposite sex, you put on a mask. It's not the real you. It's a protective shield to keep you from ever being hurt again.

God has taken you wounds and frustrations from multiple rejections and borne them so you may know healing, wholeness, release and freedom to love again in  Him.
God is saying to you today that you don't need those defenses any more. You don't need those masks.

You have got a better one - the Lord Himself.

He is calling you to take those hurts and release them to him. God wants you to lay the wounds of that divorce, the anger of loss in widowhood, or the frustration and pain of multiple rejections that you may have experience in the single life upon Him and you are complete in Him.

God has taken your wounds and frustrations from multiple rejections and borne them so you may know healing, wholeness, release and freedom to love again in Him.

Every person - whether single, married, or divorced is a complete person with abilities, talents, skills and promise. When you use your abilities to glorify God, He will purify you bless you beyond comparison.
God has a place and a purpose for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment